March 12, 2011

Savannah empties the silverware tray. I woke up Sunday morning with a nasty headache and sore throat.  Claudia still had goopy eyes so I stayed home with her while Ina Sue took the other three along with her to church.  Gary Hege preached on "Who is Worthy of our Trust".  I grilled chicken and steak for our lunch along with herbed rice and green beans.  We rested in the afternoon.  Ina Sue made us a snacky supper of grape juice, chips, dip, carrots, grapes and graham crackers...  In the evening we played some games together as a family.  Good Evening!
A beautiful avenue of pear trees in blume I was not 100% on Monday but felt well enough to go to work.  Ina Sue did the usual Monday laundry.  Landon spent most of his day outside making a "well" with old bricks.  Unfortunately, as hard as he tried, his well would not hold water.  Oh well, the joy is in the building.  Ina Sue made us white chicken chili soup for supper along with Red Lobster biscuits.  Landon is complaining this evening that his throat & ear hurts...
Planting some garden. On Tuesday I took the minivan and dropped Carolina Sue off at school before taking the van in to Mark to get the tailgate lifters replaced.  They did that quickly then I came home and picked up my car and our dog Prince.  I dropped him off at the dog barber then went on in to work.  Ina Sue did the ironing then let the children help her make a big batch of chocolate chip cookies.  I came home around 4:00 and picked Prince up on my way home.  He was still wet from his shampoo and kept flinging nasty smelly dog water all around my car on the way home.  Yuck!  After I got home I spent a couple hours spraying lots of RoundUp around our yard and beds.  Carolina & Landon worked hard to trim our liriope.  We had fried ham, salad, and broccoli-rice casserole for supper.  Afterward I played with the children while Ina Sue sewed.
Landy reads "George & Martha" to Claudia On Wednesday I was back at work. Carolina was at school.  Mommy and Landon finished up cutting back the liriope and raked out the flower beds.  Ina Sue had a back appointment in Barnwell at 6:30 so I kept the children here at home while she did that and did some shopping.  After we got the children in bed I canned 9 pints of our sauerkraut.  I'm going to leave the other half sour for a little longer before I can it.
Building a "bridge" I dropped Carolina Sue off at school Thursday morning then came back home for a business meeting with my partner Steve.  We discussed the business through the morning then he left to have lunch with his extended family.  I went back in to the shop and worked for several hours.  Steve came back in to the shop in the afternoon and we spent another hour or two going over things.  Ina Sue spent most of her day sewing.  Catfish, potatoes and filed peas for supper.
Steve & I have a relaxed business meeting. Friday was very normal with me at work and Ina Sue here at home doing the cleaning.  We had beef enchiladas for supper.  After supper I made up a batch of cheese and canned the last 7 pints of sauerkraut.  Hard to believe it is already the weekend...
Bagging up the cheese for the freezer. I had to work at the shop on Saturday.  Ina Sue stayed busy at home doing several loads of laundry and cooking.  We go in 20 lbs. of cheese from Wisconsin and Carolina and Landon enjoyed bagging it up in individual bags for the freezer.  When I got home from work around 4:00 I carved up a beef roast for dinner tomorrow and also cut up a fresh pineapple.  Ina Sue fixed us stromboli and salad for supper.  After supper she cut my and Landon's hair.  The rest of the evening was taken up with baths, stories and cleaning up.