August 28, 2010

Our two littlest ones. Sunday was a happy morning at Barnwell.  Bro. Wendell preached the sermon for a baptismal service.  Wyatt B., Larita D., Brenda D., Corinda D., and Lauren B. were baptised.  We came home for a Sunday lunch of leftovers.  We took naps then played some games of Boggle.  To church in the evening for a song service.
Landon slept in his playhouse. I made us breakfast on Monday while Ina Sue scrubbed laundry.  It was a hot and muggy day.  Ina Sue said she really misses having Carolina Sue around to help hang out the laundry.  Ina Sue had supper of Rice & BarBQ hash with field peas waiting for me when I got home from work.  After supper I worked outside for a while covering up some of the last of our irrigation ditches.  After we got the children in bed I spent some time lining up coupons for a trip to RiteAid tomorrow.
But then he can sleep nearly anywhere.... Tuesday was a normal day for me at work.  It was a frustrating day for Ina Sue at home.  She is trying to potty train Savannah and there were many accidents.... She says it seems to be a case of one step forward and two steps back.  There were two crazy armadillos in our back yard this afternoon.  Since I was at work, Ina Sue called on Josh Heatwole who came over and promptly dispatched them to armadillo heaven with his shotgun.  Of course I got the privilege of disposing of their bodily corpses when I got home from work.  Cousin Myron took Landon over with them and let him ride combine during the afternoon.  We had Brendan Miller over for an impromptu supper invitation.  Reuben loaf, salad and creme puffs for dessert.  After the children were in bed I went back in to work for several hours.
Playing "ship" looks a little dangerous. Off to work again on Wednesday.  Since I drop Carolina Sue off at school on my way to to work it helps me to get in to the shop in good time.  Ina Sue spent her day caring for the munchkins and making food for this evening.  This is the final evening for our small group before re-arranging them in September.  We went up to Denmark for a cottage meeting then came back to our house for the snack.
Cutting sheetrock for the fire house. Ina Sue thought that she made some progress with the potty training on Thursday...  Landon went over to "help" Ms. Naomi H. pull up her zipper peas.  He brought home a nice mess of them for us to eat.  Ina Sue did some laundry and vacuumed out the car.  I got home from work a little late.  We had a wonderful supper of Swiss chicken, herbed rice, zipper peas and fresh tomatoes.  Hendrick dropped by for something and stayed to eat.
Putting it up on the ceiling was an eight-man job! I left for work soon after 6:00 and did two quick service calls before coming home and taking Carolina Sue to school at 8:30.  Then back in to work.  Ina Sue made potty training her top priority for the day so she said she wasn't able to get the cleaning done to her normal high standards.  Looked fine to me....  And Savannah stayed dry all day long.  Hooray!  Myron and Jane stopped by after supper with several flats of free eggs for us.  Landon wanted me to help him build a playhouse, so we arranged chairs behind the sofas and with a few boards and blankets he soon had is playhouse.  Now he wants to sleep in it for the night...  We'll see how long he lasts.
Ms. Diane starts mudding the joints. Landon was still sleeping in his playhouse when I got up Saturday morning.  I spent most of the day over at the Govan Fire Department helping them hang sheetrock in their new addition.  The work went farily well and we had almost all the sheetrock hung by 3:30.  Ina Sue and the children came over and joined us for lunch.  The fire department provided subs and chips for the laborers.  After I came home I worked on mowing the yard.  Ina Sue made a peach dessert.  We got the children all bathed then made a coupon run to RiteAid then dropped by Taco Bell for a supper of cheap chicken burritos.