July 24, 2010

Making "giant" bubbles. Bro. Gary Hege preached the sermon for us at Barnwell on Sunday on "Following God's Will".  Savannah and Claudia were both being a bit unruly so it was hard to get the full benefit of the sermon.  We invited Wendell& Naomi over to share our lunch with us.  Had grilled chicken, spanish rice, squash casserole, cucumber salad, and apple pie.  Short naps then we went over to Conrad Stovers for supper and the evening.  We enjoyed the delicious supper and had a nice time visiting with them.  They also had over a young couple that Conrad has worked for.  We enjoyed getting to know them a little.
Conrad shows off his bluebirds. Monday was a busy day for me at work.  Ina Sue rushed to get the laundry done.  She made us grilled catfish, rice & squash for supper.  Claudia was pretty fussy today.  Perhaps a tummy ache...
While the ladies visited. We woke up to my cell phone at 2:00 Tuesday morning.  It was the alarm at the shop.  I drove in to the shop to find the front window broken out again.  The police were already there. (the alarm calls them first)  When I looked at the surveillance video I could see the flower pot come through the window but no one ever came into the store.  Evidently the police got there quick enough to scare them off before they got a chance to come inside.  After cleaning up and putting cardboard over the window, I got back home around 3:30.  We overslept a little then had to quick drop our children off with Marcia then run the car up to Byers Tire for an oil change appointment.  I headed back to work.  Ina Sue did some mending and other housework.  We had a Mid-Eastern meal for supper.  Falafels & tabouli salad.  We all loved it.  We dropped the children off with Grace for just a little while we drove up to Denmark and picked up the car.  Afterward I went over to Aden Diems for a while to help him with some computer issues.
Savannah takes her "dolly" for a ride. I had a normal day at work on Wednesday.  Ina Sue sewed and cooked.  Egg salad and tomato sandwiches for supper.  To church for prayer meeting.  Uncle Enos had a discussion on "Temperance".  It poured down rain in the evening.  We stopped at Carls on the way home to pick up some peppers and ended up staying for fruit pizza and fellowship.


Landy trims up some of our trees. Thursday was sweltering hot.  I spent nearly all day on a service call in Hampton.  Ina Sue did some catch-up laundry.  In the evening we made up a batch of homemade ice cream and took it up to Randy & Diane Ocker's to help welcome their new baby, Daisy. 

Friday found me at work again.  Ina Sue cleaned and made food.  I had a school board meeting in the evening and Ina Sue fixed me food to take along for a snack this time.

Playmates. I had to work at the shop on Saturday.  I really miss having my Saturdays off.  With our employees as they are right now Hendrick and I have to split the Saturday schedules.  It was another really hot day.  Ina Sue let the children play in the sprinklers for a while.  Thankfully, we close the shop at 3:00 on Saturdays so I was able to get back before too late.  We all went over to our neighbor, Ms. Margaret's, to pick some of her blueberries.  We were very pleased with what we got.  They were a bit more scattered but very good.  Came home and I washed the car while Ina Sue washed the children.