March 28, 2009

Sunday Afternoon walk It was much colder on Sunday morning.  Somewhere in the upper 30's.  Mark Hochstetler preached our counsel meeting sermon on "What Kind of Soil are You?"  We came home to a quick dinner of soup & sandwiches with strawberries & whipped cream for dessert.  We all took nice naps then got up for our afternoon walk.  Ina Sue made us hummus and chips for supper then we went to church for a topical program on Worship.  We came home and I made banana splits for us.  I thought I was making something really special for us but Landon fussed and complained so much that I sent him to bed without any dessert.
Getting kale & collards ready to can. I went in to work early on Monday.  Ina Sue worked on the laundry.  It was a beautiful sunny day with just a bit of breeze.  The children love playing and eating outside on these lovely spring days.  I abstained from eating again today.  Ina Sue had already fed the children by the time I got home from work.  We enjoyed having Uncle Enos & Aunt Glennys here this evening to take our counsel for communion.  We had a nice time visiting and sharing.
Horsehead Corp.'s new facility outside of Barnwell I was still a couple pounds away from my weight goal for the week so I ended up fasting again on Tuesday.  It was another lovely day.  Ina Sue finished up the washing and ironing then vacummed out the van.  She and the children also took a walk in the afternoon before going down for naps.  I spent a good bit of the day hooking up wireless internet for a new company that is going into the SCAT park ourside of Barnwell.  Horsehead Corp. is building a zinc re-processing facility.  After I got home from work we worked outside for a while.  We planted beets, carrots and corn.  We repotted our indoor fig bush then Ina Sue got the children ready for bed while I started work on a huge pile of kale & collards that I picked from the garden.  I cut it up and blanched it but decided to try canning it instead of freezing it this time.  That seemed to go fairly well but it was still after 12:00 before I got to knock off.
Savannah loves excavating Mom's purse I had made up a bread pan full of grits, corn meal and sausage the evening before.  Wednesday morning I got up and took the congealed mush and sliced it up and fried it for breakfast.  Ina Sue fixed us scrambled eggs to go along with it.  It drizzled most of the day.  I spent most of the day in the shop.  Ina Sue made up four Danish loaves for our get-together in the evening.  We met with the rest of our small group at the church in the evening to re-paint the church balcony and some closets.  After our work was done we shared a supper of sloppy joes, vegetables & chips.  A nice evening with something to show for it...
The field in front o four house is really pretty right now. The rain had stopped by Thursday but it did cool down a bit.  Ina Sue did some laundry and cleaning.  Landon got stung on his foot by a bee this afternoon and seemed to think he was going to die.  In the evening Ina Sue brought the children in with her to the shop.  We went to Mi Rancho for a quick supper together then they helped me plant new plants in our planters in front of the shop.  They went on home then and I stayed and worked until after around 4:00.
The ragamuffins playing "ship". Friday was pretty ordinary.  I had a full schedule of service calls and the last one was out in St. George.  I didn't make it home until almost 7:00.  Michaela & Caroline Heatwole came at 3:00 to spend the afternoon and evening with us.  After I got home I played "croquet" with the girls in the back yard.  After their Mom & Dad picked them up we went to bed early.  I needed to catch up on my sleep.
Playing croquet after supper. We had a delightful day at home together on Saturday.  I had planned to get a lot of yard work done but it rained off and on throughout the day.  I did manage to get our hydrangeas transplanted from the really sunny side of the house to a more shady area.  We hope they do better there.  I also planted some of our other shrubs and small trees.  The children and I ended up making two trips in to Denmark for supplied.  Ina Sue did quite a bit of cooking.  We had a relaxing evening at home.